Photo Credit: angietorres
“New Year, New Life”!
At this time of the year, many people are busy contemplating their goals and resolutions for the new year. I’m willing to bet that getting into better health and fitness will be high on that list for most people. If its on your’s list of goals too then let me share with you a simple Tabata program that you will likely stick to in order to get you real results!
Firstly, here’s why a Tabata program is your best bet for a routine you will stick to:
- No equipment needed! Just a small Tabata timer that you should bring with you everywhere!
- Complete the entire workout in under 20-minutes (including warmup)
- Can be done anywhere! Even in a hotel room if you’re on the go!
Here’s the basic principle to make sure you get results!
- Keep it REAL simple. I meant really SIMPLE! Just do this ONE program. (see routine below)
- Do it consistently – every alternate day!
- Track your results so you know you are taking action consistently! Use this workout tracking sheet to record each workout!
Here’s the new year Tabata program:
- Warm Up with alternating Tabata Jumping Jacks and High Knees (4 mins)
- The main program is a total body Tabata routine of alternating Burpees and Mountain Climbers (4 mins)
- Cool down with deep breathing and total body stretching (10 mins)
(If you’re new here and not sure what the Tabata protocol is – its basically 20 seconds of workout followed by 10 seconds of rest repeated for 8 rounds for a total of 4-minutes)
Do this routine every alternate day for 3 months or until you hit your target body fat % or weight. e.g. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday…..etc
You should be pretty beat and sweating after the warm up and the core workout. If you’re already in pretty fit condition and not sweating after the above, then just repeat the whole routine (including warm up) again.
If you’re game to take up this super simple and super effective program — leave a comment to share your progress! 🙂
I wish you an awesome year ahead and look forward to hearing about you kicking some butt and getting into the best shape of your life for 2012!